Re: We should get active ...

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 22:51:49
Lists: pgeu-general

Cédric Villemain a écrit :
> Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
>> Cédric Villemain schrieb:

>>> Because we will probably translate the content to be readable by
>>> non-english people.
>>
>> Ok, that is an argument. But don't expect it before 2034. Consider,
>> when I look to the past, often we weren't able to translate flyers in
>> time for an event ... do you really think, we will find the time to
>> translate web pages? :)
>>
>> But think about the future and to a http://www.postgresql.eu/de/ or
>> http://www.postgresql.eu/fr/ or http://www.postgresql.eu/it/ or
>> http://www.postgresql.eu/se/ or whatever make sense.
> off topic :
> search for apache
> https://pgweb.postgresql.org/browser/trunk/portal/README
>

> I find the option of apache handling very nice. At least it work very
> well on debian.org, on postgresql.org there is no translation :-/

Really, that's simply not true.

There are two translations of postgresql.org : a french one (quite a bit
outdated) and a romanian one (which is probably outdated too). There's
still some work to do there, but I didn't find the time and motivation
to work on this yet (sorry Magnus :-/ ).

Moreover, release presskit and release features already use this apache
feature (for example, take a look at
http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit83).

--
Guillaume.