Re: We should get active ...

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 20:30:56
Lists: pgeu-general

Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> damien clochard schrieb:
>> [...]
>>
>> I think the main feature we need for our wiki is some good
>> internationalisation. I'd like our website to be accessible in
>> serveral language, not just english.
>> We definitely need a simple way to edit and translate the pages.
>> i don't know about TWiki, but dokuwiki has the simpliest
>> multilanguage module i have ever seen.
>>
>> http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:translation
>>

> Damien,
>
> for what?
> We don't make support at the European group. All what we discuss is
> just "organisation" stuff. For most stuff the language based
> communities are responsible and they already have language based
> communication bases.
Because we will probably translate the content to be readable by
non-english people.

> I am not sure, if we need a wiki at all.

not sure, but I think the point here is :

Do we continue *only* by mails ? wiki and cms offer voting module (or
doodle.ch do, yes), discussion webpage to get talk for specific content
without forget in wich mail/thread we have read,decide something. You
have feed by page so you can follow exactly what you want, I find that
very usefull.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données