Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-25 20:28:28
Lists: pgeu-general

Cédric Villemain schrieb:
> postgresql.eu/pgug.eu website is a blackhole, and the ask come more
> urgently to find what we want to publish to internet.
> This have been discuss some times, but long run.
> As Damien suggest, we can try not to mix technical and content, so
> don't care if flyers are on pgfoundry or drupal or anywhere.
> We also had a little talk about that with Magnus and Suzanne over irc
> so I put here what I remember, and other ideas.
>

> * History

of course

> * List of Boards of Directors members

and main members from the language based communities

> * Flyers, posters, ...

why? We should store that at an svn or cvs system where some guys will
get access.

> * Photo gallery (for events, ...)

I think a page where we can publish the links to the photos from
European events is enough here

> * Notes/links to european nationnal website (pgfr is not France, but
> french-speaking communities, I hope we can include it in european
> group nevertheless )
>
> * Translation of documentation for (only?) language that do not have
> a postgresql group, link to documentation of other language which have
> a website.

language based ... Don't belong to the European group. This should be
published at the language based pages. Links to the documentation is ok.
But this would be better place somewhere at postgresql.org directly.

> * Calendar for events and other things

good idea

> * Slides of conferences

I think, this also is better place at postgresql.org or at the language
based sides (if the slides are non english). We should put our English
slides here until there is no postgresql.org slide collection.

Most slides will have world wild interests.

> Add other items of your choice :)

You forget the main things:

Presentation of the group:

1) What is the European PostgreSQL group?
2) Why was it founded?
3) What's the job of the group?

Reachability:
list of our irc channels and link to the mailing list list

Susanne