Re: Problem executing remote SELECT's (through internet) with JDBC

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Agustin CS <agustincs1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem executing remote SELECT's (through internet) with JDBC
Date: 2008-02-22 11:46:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Agustin CS wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem invocating SELECT statements using Java JDBC driver
> having a remote communication between PostgreSQL database client-server
> through Internet.

You may want to re-run with logLevel=2 as a connection parameter; then
the driver will log all the network I/O it is doing.

Without a detailed TCP trace I can't be sure but it sounds like perhaps
you have a path MTU discovery problem between the server and client, or
something similar. I suspect that when you turn on driver debugging, you
will see the driver just stop receiving new data from the network at
some point.

(if you like, mail me a tcpdump or wireshark packet capture off-list -
ideally one capture from each end of the connection - and I'll take a look)

-O