Trigger question

From: Alex du Plessis <alexdup01(at)telkomsa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger question
Date: 2008-02-22 10:24:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

I would like to prevent changes being made to a table (b), except when a
trigger fires as a result of changes (insert,update) being made to
another table (a). Should any changes be made to table b by any other
means than the trigger from table a, I would like to trap those changes
(again, could I use a trigger?) and make sure that the original values
in table b stays the same.

Can anybody point me in the right direction please.

Alex du Plessis