Re: PostgreSQLDirect versus Npgsql

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Benjamin Arai <me(at)benjaminarai(dot)com>, Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQLDirect versus Npgsql
Date: 2008-02-14 22:26:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Benjamin Arai wrote:
> Has anybody had a good experience going from Npgsql to
> Corelab:PostgreSQLDirect? I am considering migrating because it
> offers support for COPY but I am wondering about other functionality
> and performance as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Benjamin

The Corelab product does not support SSL connections. I looked at it,
but I needed SSL, so I am sticking with Npgsql.

Other than the fact it does not have SSL, it looks very nice and
includes a dump component, not sure if that is fully managed or just a
wrapper around pg_dump.exe.

Later,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
Home of Lightning Admin for PostgreSQL and MySQL
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com