Re: A small request regarding help in PGAdmin III 1.8.2

From: "Andrew J(dot) P(dot) Maclean" <a(dot)maclean(at)cas(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A small request regarding help in PGAdmin III 1.8.2
Date: 2008-02-04 23:15:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks for that, I will set the options.

I take your point about the difficulty of maintaining it.

Andrew

Dave Page wrote:

On Feb 4, 2008 10:42 PM, Andrew Maclean andrew(dot)amaclean(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

Is it possible to have offline Display Help on SQL commands instead of a
link to the main documentation site?
I often need a reference to the SQL commands when I am not commected to the
internet.

Yes, did you check the docs? http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.8/options-tab1.html

This feature was in version 1.6 why wasn't it retained in 1.8.2?

Because it was *really* difficult to maintain, and this method gives
you more flexibility to use the help in your preferred format.

BTW: If you want a .chm file of the help, it ships with the windows
distribution of PostgreSQL 8.3.

Regards, Dave.

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.5 KB