Re: PGSQL ERROR: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

From: "pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org" <pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGSQL ERROR: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
Date: 2008-02-04 13:02:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Have you checked your code and seen what is really happening on these clicks?

I have been trying to catch the error from within php, however
PostgreSQL (in the described case) dies in a way which does not return
any error.

The error returned is that php can't connect to the db server.

> I had some cases where looking for unexisting information or trying to
> operate on unexisting data crashed the specific process of the backend that
> was serving my application.

The behavior happens as well simply on refresh, so I can't imagine it
being due to missing data...

> Enable query logging and see what is happening.

I did not know about query logging, thank you for the tip, I'll try that
now.

Iv