Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Greg Cocks <gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?
Date: 2008-02-01 02:47:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

Greg Cocks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In pgAdmin, I set up some Group Roles yesterday and assigned some table, etc accesses with them - as well as assigning each user to one of the groups...
>
> When I opened pgAdmin today, the Group Roles were listed under the Login Roles, and there were no Group Roles shown - i.e., "Group Roles (0)"

The difference, generally, between a "user" (or login) role, and a group
is the "login" privilege (I'm assuming you are running an 8.x version of
postgresql). Perhaps it was inadvertently applied. You might try to
just revoke the login privilege and see if that changes things. You can
look at see if the privilege is there by examining the pg_roles table
(select rolname, rolcanlogin from pg_roles;) . Otherwise, it might just
be a pgadmin quirk...

Hope that helps

--
Chander Ganesan