Re: Performance problems with Postgresql/ZFS/Non-global zones on Solaris?

From: Mayuresh Nirhali <Mayuresh(dot)Nirhali(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: jiniusatwork-postgresql(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance problems with Postgresql/ZFS/Non-global zones on Solaris?
Date: 2008-01-31 11:23:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Bob,

First, Which exact version of S10 are you using ?

In general, I have seen having logs and data on different pools helps.
Also, let us know your wal tunning parameters like commit_delay, fsync.
If you are using S10u4, setting commit_delay to a non zero number should
help get better performance.

Rgds
Mayuresh