Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead
Date: 2022-01-24 15:58:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 24.01.22 15:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Do these versions fix any bugs that affect us (i.e., that we've
> not already created workarounds for)?

The only thing that could be of interest is that the workaround we are
carrying in config/check_decls.m4 was originally upstreamed by Noah, but
was then later partially reverted and replaced by a different solution.
Further explanation is here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/autoconf.git/commit/?id=ec90049dfcf4538750e61d675d885157fa5ca7f8

I don't think it has affected us in practice, though.