shouldn't all tables have Object Descriptions?

From: Geoffrey <lists(at)serioustechnology(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: shouldn't all tables have Object Descriptions?
Date: 2008-01-25 19:54:13
Lists: pgsql-general

We've stumbled upon an issue that we don't understand. I'm assuming
that any given table should contain 'Object Descriptions.' For example,
we have two tables as follows:

mwv=# \dd carr;
Object descriptions
Schema | Name | Object | Description
--------+------+--------+--------------
public | carr | table | Carrier File
(1 row)

mwv=# \dd avlds;
Object descriptions
Schema | Name | Object | Description
(0 rows)

Question is, why does the avlds table not have an entry in the Object
descriptions?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

- Benjamin Franklin