Re: [HACKERS] Errors with run_build.pl - 8.3RC2

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: cinu <cheriyamoozhiyilcinu(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Errors with run_build.pl - 8.3RC2
Date: 2008-01-22 14:41:29
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

cinu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was running the run_Build.pl script that is specific
> to Buildfarm and encountered errors. I am listing out
> the names of the logfiles and the errors that I have
> seen.
> Can anyone give me some clarity on these errors?
> Even though these errors are existing, at the end the
> latest version is getting downloaded and when I do a
> regression testing it goes through. Can anyone give me
> clarity on why these errors are occuring?
>
> The logfiles with the errors are listed below, these
> errors are for the version 8.3RC2:

[snip]
> Any suggestions regarding the same is appreciated.

Errors in the logfiles are expected. Many of these errors are there by
design - the regression tests include many tests for error conditions.
For example, look at the corresponding logs for a green run here:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dungbeetle&dt=2008-01-21%2012:44:01

If the buildfarm script gets through to the end without complaining,
then it succeeded.

Please note that in general questions regarding use of the buildfarm
client belong on its mailing list, not on the pgsql lists. For more
information about the list see here: