Re: create a limited user in Postgre

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create a limited user in Postgre
Date: 2008-01-22 08:00:33
Lists: pgsql-general

That's because the definitions of the functions are not stored in the
schema.

functions are stored in the pg_catalog schema in the pg_proc table and
views are accessible via the multiple pg_get_viewdef functions in the
same schema.

If you block access to that table and fucntion then pgadmin would not be
able to show the function or view definition.

However, as long as the user has access to a backup, they have access to
all the definitions, no matter what you do.

Sim