Re: Saving explain output graphically

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Saving explain output graphically
Date: 2008-01-16 19:55:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> On 14/01/2008, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> There was some talk a while back about being able to save the explain
>> output graphically, and I've taken a stab at it. Attached patch appears
>> to be working for me, but I had a lot of trouble getting things to work
>> properly before I found the right track. Specifically, I got the wrong
>> size of the image all the time.
>>
>> So if some people could test the patch with a bunch of different queries
>> and strange explain outputs, to see if you get proper size images out of
>> it, that would be great :-)
>
> I consistently get no border along the right hand side - see the
> attached example. It looks pretty good though :-)

Interesting. I don't get that here - what platform is that on? Mac?

Maybe just add a simple +20 pixels or something to the right to work
around it? ;-) Given that it's not exactly aligned to the edge of the
image anyway, that shouldn't be a problem?

> Now you just need to add options to include the data for each node and
> the query text :-p

Be my guest :-)

What would actually be *really* cool was an export in SVG including
those, but wx doesn't do that :-)

//Magnus