Re: BUG #3871: failed to get system metrics

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Sascha" <gnss_ripper(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #3871: failed to get system metrics
Date: 2008-01-14 11:00:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sascha wrote:

> Bug reference: 3871
> Logged by: Sascha
> Email address: gnss_ripper(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> Operating system: windows XP
> Details:
>
> Hello i want to reinstall the postgres Database an uninstall it ... after
> new installe i become the follow Error Message and cant install it.
>
> failed to get system metrics for terminal services: 87
>
> what is wrong with the Version or install ...

I don't know about the error you're getting, but 8.0.3 is a very old
version. If you have to use the 8.0 series, because you're working on an
application written for that specific version, at least you should be
using the latest 8.0.X version, which is 8.0.15. There's been a lot of
important fixes between 8.0.3 and 8.0.15.

Even better, install the latest stable version which is 8.2.6. There's
been a lot of changes to the Windows support in 8.2, so it's a much
better choice particularly on Windows.

--
Heikki Linnakangas