Howto set UUID parameter for PGSQL 8.3rc1 / postgresql-8.3dev-602.jdbc3.jar

From: Silvio Bierman <sbierman(at)jambo-software(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Howto set UUID parameter for PGSQL 8.3rc1 / postgresql-8.3dev-602.jdbc3.jar
Date: 2008-01-12 22:13:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello all,

I am trying to convert an older PG database where we stored GUID keys by
explicitly converting them to byte arrays before storing them in bytea
columns in the DB to a database where we use the new UUID type supported
by PG 8.3.

I am having trouble setting such a value through a JDBC
PreparedStatement because any stmt.setXXX(i,...) I have tried results in
an error about a mismatch between type UUID and XXX.

How can I get my PreparedStatement to work correctly?

Kind regards,

Silvio Bierman