Re: ERROR: translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: ilanco(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: translation failed from server encoding to wchar_t
Date: 2008-01-08 12:53:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ilanco(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> NEW.idxFTI := to_tsvector('simple', encode($x$E$x$||
> NEW.messageblk, 'escape'));

I strongly doubt that this does what you think it does - I would check
the results if I were you. The $x$E$x$ should almost certainly not be
there - if you are trying to get E'foo' behaviour, that is purely for
literals. All you are doing here is to prepend a literal 'E' to your value.

cheers

andrew