Text column with large amounts of data

From: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Text column with large amounts of data
Date: 2008-01-04 12:15:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hi

I know there is already a known issue in the GRD for columns with a
large amount of data but is it known that the same problem appears in
the query window?

I am using postgresql to capture email content (in a text field) and it
is impossible to use pgadmin to browse the table in either the grid or
query window. I'm using pgadmin 1.8.1 and postgresql 8.2.5.

I was wondering if it would not be possible to only put something like
the first line/first 1kb/etc of characters into the grid? (The rest
could be loaded if the user clicks into the field)

Anyway I'm just thinking aloud, thanks for a great piece of software.

Kieran