ctrl \ makes psql 8.2.5 dump core

From: Jeff Ross <jross(at)wykids(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ctrl \ makes psql 8.2.5 dump core
Date: 2008-01-03 17:42:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

I found out this morning that entering CTRL \ at the psql prompt will
make psql dump core. The is reproducible on the two machines I have
here. Another server running downtown just quits without dumping core.
All are running 8.2.5 on OpenBSD.

I thought I was in the editor, and that key combination invokes nano's
search and replace function.

jross(at)slony:/var/www/wykids/training-calendar $ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.2.5
contains support for command-line editing
jross(at)slony:/var/www/wykids/training-calendar $ psql wykids

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

jross(at)wykids localhost# Quit (core dumped)

The core file is less than a meg in size, so I can either upload it to
our web site or e-mail it directly to someone if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Jeff Ross