Re: Schema and tablespace

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema and tablespace
Date: 2007-12-30 21:29:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>>> That was one of the issue I had : refresh is a bit of a nightmare. I
>>> think I'll try the listview in a new tab. But first, I'll get a look at
>>> the dependents tab but I'm not sure I will find a size column in there.
>>>
>> I'm not entirely sure we're on the same page. All we need to do it see
>> what's in a tablespace right?
>
> Not really. As Magnus said, we need to see what's in the tablespace and
> the size of each object.

Hmm - I'm not too keen on the idea of adding a special tab for this one
purpose. How about handling this in a similar way to how we display the
EDB system catalogs, in which we have a special pseudo-object called a
'catalog object' which gives a generic representation of a view or
table? We would have a collection of 'tablespace objects' under the
tablespace, with limited properties of name, schema, oid, size, comment
and anything else thats suitably generic that I've forgotten.

That would also allow the reporting engine to be used easily...

/D