strange query behavior

From: "Tim Jones" <TJones(at)optio(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: strange query behavior
Date: 2006-12-13 18:42:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I have a query that uses an IN clause and it seems in perform great
when there is more than two values in it but if there is only one it is
really slow. Also if I change the query to use an = instead of IN in the
case of only one value it is still slow. Possibly I need to reindex this
particular index?

thanks

Tim Jones
Healthcare Project Manager