Re: Fair large change to contributors

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors
Date: 2007-12-16 16:09:42
Lists: pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> One idea would be to list the core members at the top in one sentence,
> and have their details below. But maybe core-at-the-top is the best of
> our possible options.

My impression is that core (in general) is a little sensitive about
their position on that page. I didn't care enough to make the argument
one way or another because I know that core is subject to the community.

However, your point is also valid in that the current representation
makes it look like core is somehow the key to the kingdom, which is
certainly not true.

I do not wish to detract from the importance of core either though. Part
of me thinks the page should look like this:

Core (link to page with core members)
* Definition of core, purpose etc....
Major Contributors (link to page with Major Contributors and Contributors)

* Definition
Contributors

* Definition
Hackers Emeritus (Link to page with Hackers Emeritus and Past Contributors)

* Definition
Past Contributors

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake