Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()

From: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()
Date: 2007-12-14 07:36:29
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Kris, please try to apply the attached and let me know what errors if
any you get.

All ids are now quoted in: executeUpdate(String sql, String
columnIndexes[]), and: int executeUpdate(String sql, int
columnIndexes[]) is implemented, however it currently will work ONLY if
the fully qualified table is set in the insert:

INSERT INTO foocatalog.fooschema.tbl .....(quoted or not)

It will support normalizing the not-supplied catalog and schema names --
after I find out how to extract these from the Connection (hopefully
this would not require an additional round trip). Any suggestions on this?

Ken

Attachment Content-Type Size
out.patch text/plain 13.7 KB