Re: pgagent on a mac

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: kelvan mcewen <the_iddiot(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgagent on a mac
Date: 2007-12-12 21:06:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

kelvan mcewen wrote:
> I posted a topic in general but I was told to post it here I need to be
> able
> to run pgagent on a mac the problem we are having is getting a daemon to
> run
> on a mac
>
> if anyone can help please tell me were I can get a daemon to run on the
> mac

As I said when I answered your original message:

It might be tucked away in the app bundle (can't check right now I'm
afraid) - if not, you'll need to build from source unfortunately.

> i do understand pgadmin is only new for a mac since 8.1 i believe i am not
> sure but even still it should support one of its main systems

It is supported, though we don't make a specific point of including it
in an installer because few people run their servers on OS X. Oh, and
for the record, we've supported OS X since our second major release of
pgAdmin, around the time of PostgreSQL 8.0.

/D