Re: Re : Column names in view

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re : Column names in view
Date: 2007-11-24 14:25:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 24/11/2007 14:15, Laurent ROCHE wrote:
> The only time when I have seen this (including for views), is when a
> data window has been opened then the data linked object (table or view)
> has been re-created(i.e. drop + create) then when doing a refresh on the
> data window, I don't see the colum names any more (even if they are
> identical), data is displayed OK though ... I always thought of this as
> a "feature" ! ;-)

D'you know, that might have been it....while I wasn't keeping the data
window open, I didn't refresh the view definition in the tree view
either - I tried dropping and re-creating the view (I'm still tinkering
with it), then highlighted its node in the tree view and hit F5, then
clicked "View data" - and the column names appeared!

So it seems that to see the columns I need to refresh pgAdmin's
understanding of the view whenever I drop/recreate it.

> Have a good weekend,

You too, and thanks for the pointer.

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie