Re: Postgre and XML

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgre and XML
Date: 2007-11-19 22:12:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On 19/11/2007 22:05, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 19/11/2007 21:44, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> But I have no clue how you would enable the module after the
>> installation has finished.
>
> I think you have to run an SQL script to enable the module.

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful. :-) I should have said that there's
usually an SQL script that comes with the particular module, which you
need to run against your database to enable the module.

On my XP laptop, a peek into

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\share\contrib

reveals files named pgxml.sql and uninstall_pgxml.sql which ought to do
the job.

A further peek into

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\doc\contrib

reveals a whole bunch of README files, one for each contrib module, with
detailed instructions and other good stuff.

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie