Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Pavel Luzanov <pluzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges
Date: 2021-09-03 13:43:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Thank you very mush for review.

I will prepare a new version of the patch according to your comments.
For now, I will answer this question:

> I will also inquire as to the need for renaming the function `do_lo_list` to
> `listLargeObjects` and its move to describe.c. from large_obj.c. In itself it is
> not necessarily a blocking point, though it will require some strong arguments
> for doing so.

I understand that I needed a good reason for such actions.

On the one hand all the commands for working with large objects are in
large_obj.c. On the other hand, all commands for displaying the contents
of system catalogs are in describe.c. The function do_lo_list belongs to
both groups.

The main reason for moving the function to describe.c is that I wanted
to use the printACLColumn function to display lomacl column.
printACLColumn function is used in all the other commands to display
privileges and this function is locally defined in describe.c and there
is no reason to make in public.

Another option is to duplicate the printACLColumn function (or its
contents) in large_obj.c. This seemed wrong to me.
Is it any other way?

Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com
The Russian Postgres Company