Re: Postgresql and resource isolation

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Trevor Talbot <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Garber, Mikhail" <mgarber(at)amazon(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql and resource isolation
Date: 2007-11-15 23:23:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Trevor Talbot wrote:
> On 11/15/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>
>>> A) "resource governor" - the ability to configure how much resources
>>> (IO per second, CPU slices) particular users or sessions are allowed
>>> to use
>
>> That is controlled from the operating system.
>
> What OSes support this?

Well I know that FreeBSD through Jails and Linux through Xen can give
you fine grained control over how much resources a particular instance
can use.

My understanding is that Solaris Zones also give you quite a bit of
control but someone else would have to comment on that.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake