plpgsql debugger status - question for packagers plz

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plpgsql debugger status - question for packagers plz
Date: 2007-11-14 18:59:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As I understand it*, the situation here is:

1. Client support in pgadmin
2. Support in the Windows installer (optional?)
3. Not in /contrib

Now, I realise "it's too late for 8.3" is a bloody good argument, but
I'm curious as to whether packagers on other platforms are planning.
Traditionally I think the extras stuff for PG packages has been /contrib
but obviously that's not a strict rule.

* PS - it's a useful feature - good work to all concerned*
** PPS - 8.3 is looking good too. This short development cycle is
working wonders ;-)

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd