Re: gborg -> pgfoundry

From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com
Subject: Re: gborg -> pgfoundry
Date: 2007-11-09 15:21:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris,
first of all, thanks a million for helping out with this. I've been asked what I wanted moved in
case of a gborg shutdown several times but I never got any actual help moving it. I had no chance of
moving the CVS repo nor the mailing lists by my self since I didn't have the right access
permissions on gborg. If I would have had, I would have done the move a year ago when I created the
pgfoundry PL/Java project.

I was also a bit surprised that the plug was pulled without further notice.

Kris Jurka wrote:
> PLJAVA:
>
> 1) Need to move the cvs repository to pgfoundry.
>
> 2) Need to move subscribers of pljava-dev(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org to a new
> list on pgfoundry, probably pljava-dev(at)pgfoundry(dot)org(dot) At the moment I'm
> not an admin on the pljava project, so I can't set this up.

That's been fixed.

> 3) Need the archives of the old list, these have a ton of information in
> them that we can no longer tell people to search for.

Yes. The mailing list is very important.

> 4) Need to see old bug reports and feature requests. The gborg tracking
> features were used extensively and I currently have no idea what's still
> open.

I think this is of limited value. Would it be possible to just get some kind of human readable dump
of the information that was there?

Thanks everyone who made it possible to start and maintain PL/Java at GBorg. May it rest in peace :-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren