From: "Karim Mardhani" <karim(at)zeecore(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2005-01-19 12:10:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All:

I am thinking about using PostgreSql as the back end of Windows
application. I plan to install postgreSql in silent mode as part of my
application's setup program. I have couple of questions about this:

1. How do I programmatically call backup (pg_dump) and vacuum? I am
using .NET provider as the interface to the postgreSql. I didn't see
any provision in the .Net provider to invoke these commands. Does
postgresql support SQL's "BACKUP" and "RESTORE" commands?

2. As part of installation I would like to create and populate a new
database. What is the easiest way to this? What I am thinking of doing
is to install psql client program and using it to create database. Is
there any way I don't have to install psql on every client's machine?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,

Karim Mardhani
ZeeCore Consulting

  • Re: at 2005-01-21 07:19:10 from John DeSoi
  • Re: at 2005-01-21 16:48:04 from Aly Dharshi