Re: BUG #14345: run multi-PG9.6 on One Host, hang when checkpoint

From: 德哥 <digoal(at)126(dot)com>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14345: run multi-PG9.6 on One Host, hang when checkpoint
Date: 2016-09-30 02:27:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I cann't use swap, but this is something like cgroup&EXT4's problem(when fsync call with many writeback pages).
i use xfs&cgroup no problem.
But, PostgreSQL can also improve checkpoint to solve the problem
(when checkpoint start, all bgwrite & backend process evict dirty page from buffer to disk ,can call sync_file_range(sync mode), and checkpointer call fsync before ).

--
公益是一辈子的事,I'm Digoal,Just Do It.