Re: Slow regression tests on windows

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow regression tests on windows
Date: 2007-11-05 13:43:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> I am trying to run regression tests on both windows and RH.
> It looks like that the tests on windows run slower than linux
> using two machines with same hardware config.
>
> Is this known?

We need far more information than this before we can say much sensibly,
I think.. For example, what configure flags you are using, what
compilers, etc.

From what I can see MinGW regression is somewhat slower than MSVC (and
even than Cygwin) on my buildfarm VM that runs all three, even though
the latter two are rate limited by MAX_CONNECTIONS.

The regression tests really aren't performance tests, though.

cheers

andrew