Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2007-11-01 07:12:17
Lists: pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've seen enormously erratic performance from the mailing lists all day
>> today --- delivery time for individual messages is up to several hours,
>> but completely inconsistent. Is it just me, or are other people seeing
>> the same?
>
> I see the same. My posting to core took +2 hours to arrive and there
> are only a few subscribers.

This is all fairly normal behavior for our lists :-(

The mails are usually stuck in a queue somewhere at hub.org. Sometimes
it's the antispam queue, somtimes it's just the slow network connection
to the panama server, sometimes somewhere else - I don't think it's been
fully diagnosed since it keeps happening quite often. You can usually
get a decent pointer as to where it's stuck by looking at the
Received-headers in the message.

//Magnus