Re: DST problem on pg 8.2.5

From: Joseph S <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DST problem on pg 8.2.5
Date: 2007-10-29 21:40:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Joseph S <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net> writes:
>> On one of my servers postgres thinks that we're back on standard time
>> already:
>
> What's its TimeZone setting?

On the server that is working:
=> show TimeZone;
TimeZone
------------
US/Eastern
(1 row)

On the one that is broken:

show TimeZone;
TimeZone
posixrules
(1 row)

What is the mod date of the corresponding
> file in the $SHAREDIR/timezone/ directory (where $SHAREDIR means
> whatever pg_config --sharedir says)?

The problem seems to have been that universal read permission (and on
the directories execute permission) was not granted on the
$SHAREDIR/timezone/ directory structure during install. I fixed the
permissions and restarted postgres and now everything is fine.