Re: Find the Person Connected to a Database

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)mhs(dot)mphasis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net> , "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Find the Person Connected to a Database
Date: 2007-10-26 23:17:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks for jogging my memory! Works like a charm.

Naomi
>> select * from pg_stat_activity where datname = <the_db_about_to_be_dropped>;
>>

> If that doesn't work because you've got stats collection turned off,
> "ps" will help too:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/monitoring.html
>
> On Solaris, note the Tip at the bottom (not sure if it applies to recent
> Solaris versions but a few years ago it was critical).
>
> regards, tom lane

Naomi Walker Chief Information Officer
Mphasis Healthcare Solutions nwalker(at)mhs(dot)mphasis(dot)com
---An EDS Company 602-604-3100
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-- Albert Einstein

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster(at)mphasis(dot)com and delete this mail from your records.