Re: Problem while debugging using PgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Shanker N Srivastava <shanker(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: Problem while debugging using PgAdmin
Date: 2007-10-26 15:25:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Shanker N Srivastava wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using PsotgreSQL version 8.2.5, and using pl/pgsql Debugger for
> debugging my pl/pgsql functions. My pgAdmin version is also pgAdmin III
> v1.8.0, while debugging I am getting below error
>
> ==========================================================================================================================
> An error has occurred:
>
> ERROR: could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pldbgapi.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pldbgapi.so: undefined symbol: BreakpointInsert
>
> My database server is on linux, and my pgAdmin is on win
> ==========================================================================================================================
>
> I am just thinking, is it not working because, My database server is
> linux machine and pgAdmin is on windows XP machine, and are in different
> machine.

That should not matter - the client and the server need not be the same
machine, or even the same platform/architecture.

How did you install the debugger plugin - did you find a package from
somewhere or build it yourself from source? Do $PGLIB/pldbgapi.so and
$PGLIB/plugins/plugin_debugger.so both exist, and did you successfully
run the pldbgapi.sql script in your database?

Regards, Dave