Please help (backup)

From: Anibal David Acosta <aa(at)personal(dot)net(dot)py>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please help (backup)
Date: 2007-10-22 01:16:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a backup done with "pg_dump" utility.

For some reason the backup file has 8 phisical bad sectors (17 KB of data)

Now when I try to restore the backup all tables are created successfully
and data of almost all tables restores successfully too, but one table
(the most important) appear empty.

When I do a pg_restore <backup_file> its show all sql instructions and
data until arrive to the "damaged sector" and throws a "out of memory"
exception.

I want to know if is possible to fix the backup file removing the blocks
in the "bad sectors" in order to restore all other information.

something like file dump surgery :)

Thanks!

Anibal