Hash Index Build Patch v2

From: Tom Raney <twraney(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hash Index Build Patch v2
Date: 2007-10-21 19:40:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

This revised version of our patch uses the function estimate_rel_size()
from plancat.c to estimate the number of tuples in the parent relation.
This method is an alternative to scanning the parent relation to
estimate the number of tuples, as we did in the first version of the patch.

-Tom

Attachment Content-Type Size
tuplegen.c text/plain 450 bytes
hash_index_build2.patch text/plain 19.5 KB
hashsort.c text/plain 3.1 KB