Re: full text search in 8.3

From: andy <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: full text search in 8.3
Date: 2007-10-10 19:26:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andy Colson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> You knew it was coming....
>

> I tried doing a pg_dump --schema-only and restoring just that, but still
> got a bunch of errors (those above). If I clean that up of all the old
> text search stuff, and then run it, then do the data, will that work ok?

Further to this, I edited the schema, and created it ok, then dumped the
data across (after editing out all the tsearch stuff). So far so good.

However, my trigger failed:

CREATE TRIGGER fulltext_update
BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON times
FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE tsearch2('vectors', 'remarks');

Looks like we renamed/removed the tsearch2 function? Is
setweight(to_tsvector()) the new way?

-Andy