Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server)

From: Terry Yapt <yapt(at)technovell(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server)
Date: 2007-10-07 08:40:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Magnus and all people...
> And yes, it shoul dbe set on the file and all subdirs. Use the checkbox to
> overwrite all permissions on subdirs, that's the fastest way.
>
> //Magnus

Sorry my delay but I was very busy last week.

In general, giving windows Postgres user Change right do the trick but I
have done a bit of other things too.

I have do a complete delete of all inherited rights and windows-postgres
rights. After that I have given change right to postgres-windows-user
on data folder and sub-folders and files. Checking out both checkboxes
on the bottom: inheritance and follow the tree (I think this is the
right translation).

All is working like a charm now.

Greetings and thanks again.