Re: RAISE NOTICE

From: Greg Williamson <Gregory(dot)Williamson(at)digitalglobe(dot)com>
To: Ray Madigan <ray(at)madigans(dot)org>
Cc: Pgsql-Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RAISE NOTICE
Date: 2007-10-04 03:26:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ray Madigan wrote:
> I am trying to debug a trigger using raise notice. When I add this line
>
> raise notice 'A %', 5;
>
> I get a syntax erreo at or near "A"
>
> I am using version 8.1.2
>
> Thanks

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Ray,

You don't say what form of quoting you are using, but maybe you could
try doubling up those quotes ?
raise notice ''A is %'',5;

HTH,

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC, a DigitalGlobe company

confidential and privileged information and must be protected in
accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)