Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Paul Lindner <lindner(at)inuus(dot)com>
Cc: Till Toenges <tt(at)kyon(dot)de>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer
Date: 2007-10-01 21:35:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Paul Lindner wrote:

> For the record:
>
> Please please please note that I'm only trying to solve a particular
> problem here. I know what I want to do is messy, ugly and a little
> impure and flies in the face of elegant design.
>
> If it helps think of what I'm proposing as akin to denormalization
> of a beautiful schema to achieve specific goals.

I am going to suggest what I suggested early on in this thread again:

(1) Modify your copy of the JDBC driver so that the v3 protocol path
does not use named statements or portals
(2) Deploy your modified driver into your specific environment

I don't think anything short of the "right" solution is going to be
suitable for general purpose use.

-O