Re: to restore database in schema

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Penchalaiah P(dot)" <penchalaiahp(at)infics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: to restore database in schema
Date: 2007-09-28 10:19:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Penchalaiah P. wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> Under one database who's name is postgres ,its contains 2 schema's

Probably not a good idea to use the "postgres" database for casual
usage. Any reason why you're not using a new database?

> 1)cdao1
> 2)cdao2.

OK

> I want to restore one database into schema 2.(cdao2)...here there is no
> option to restore...

You want to restore what database? A database can contain multiple
schemas, so I'm not sure how you'd restore a DB "into" a schema?

Are you trying to copy schema cdao1 into cdao2?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd