Question about upgrading multiple clusters in v9.0.2

From: <pkeenan(at)tgen(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pkeenan(at)tgen(dot)org>
Subject: Question about upgrading multiple clusters in v9.0.2
Date: 2011-03-15 23:07:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings!

We are running multiple clusters for development and test purposes. I was experimenting, as a PostgreSQL newbie, with upgrading from v9.0.1 to v9.0.2.

I noticed that the installation of v9.0.2 did upgrade the default (original) cluster as part of the process.

When I start the second cluster and log into it with psql, it tells me that the database is still v9.0.1 in parentheses. The Postgres documentation for pg_upgrade says that it is not required for minor version upgrades. http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/pgupgrade.html

Do I just need to restart the additional clusters?

J. Patrick Keenan
Senior Database Administrator
TGen, The Translational Genomics Research Institute
445 N. Fifth Street., Suite 600
Phoenix, AZ 85004
602-343- 8495 office
pkeenan(at)tgen(dot)org<mailto:pkeenan(at)tgen(dot)org>
www.tgen.org<http://www.tgen.org/>