Re: More refresh issues

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More refresh issues
Date: 2007-09-10 15:22:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>
> (...)
>> To sum it up, the policy on refreshing objects in the tree is now:
>> pgAdmin updates all (well, almost) affected objects after changes made
>> per dialog. This does not cover changes via manual SQL or from other
>> users or other clients. I would generally recommend to refresh objects
>> before working on them in such environments.
>> Might be worth a note in the help file somewhere.
>>

> Patches are welcome :-)
Not sure what the preferred form for that patch is, as I have not messed
with source code yet.

I would add a paragraph to
/trunk/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/main.html
before the line "<H3>Getting started</H3>":

<P>pgAdmin is bandwidth friendly. The status of objects in the browser
is only refreshed on request or after changes made with the built-in
tools. Be aware that this does not cover changes made via manual SQL or
from other users or other clients. It is generally advisable to refresh
objects before working on them in such environments.</P>

We could add more detail, but I tried to be brief. Also, I am sure you
are aware that I am not a native English speaker.

Regards
Erwin