Re: User friendly messages in output pane

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: User friendly messages in output pane
Date: 2007-09-07 19:59:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>
>> (...)
>> Maybe there is a fix to go to the _top_ of the message per default all
>> the time?
>>

> We don't explicitly position those text boxes, but I've added a couple
> of lines of code to send them to the top of the text at the end of every
> query.

I think, a little regression has sneaked in here.
When an error occurs on execution, pgAdmin normally leaves the focus in
the main pane sets the cursor to the position of the error in the code
New versions fail to do this if the "Messages" tab of the output pane is
not in the foreground at execution time. Instead they stop at selecting
the "Messages" tab.
v 1.7, for instance did not stop there.

Regards
Erwin