Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?

From: "korry(dot)douglas" <korry(dot)douglas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "John DeSoi" <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Date: 2007-09-05 00:55:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> The core of the debugger has been in use for quite some time, but I
>> had to strip out a lot of EDB-specific code and I'd like to see that
>> the result (the open-source version at pgFoundry) holds up well on
>> other platforms.
>> Josh, any chance you could try it out on Solaris?
>
> I copied the latest from pgFoundry to my contrib folder (pg 8.2.1) and
> executed 'make; make install'. I get the following errors on OS X
> 10.4.10:

Sorry about that John, there's a fix for this problem (it's an 8.2
versus 8.3 issue) in the CVS repository. I thought I had rolled a new
tarball after committing the fix but I guess not.

You can pull the latest plugin_profiler.c from:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/edb-debugger/server/plugin_profiler.c?rev=1.4
<http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/edb-debugger/server/plugin_profiler.c?rev=1.4>

or just comment out the plugin_profiler from your Makefile; change:
PLUGINS = plugin_debugger plugin_profiler # plugin_tracer
PLUGINS = plugin_debugger # plugin_profiler plugin_tracer

I'll try to roll up a new tarball Wednesday or Thursday.

-- Korry