int8 & INT64_IS_BUSTED

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Postgresql-Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: int8 & INT64_IS_BUSTED
Date: 2007-08-29 20:41:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I'm confused about whether int8s work on a machine on which
INT64_IS_BUSTED. My reading of the code suggests that int8
will be available, but be, well, busted in such a machine.

For example, int8mul seems as if I'd just return the wrong
answer on such a machine.

Or are platforms with INT64_IS_BUSTED no longer supported,
and are all those #ifdefs only legacy code?

Please enlighten a poor linux+gcc user who can't remember
ever using a compiler without a "long long" datatype after
leaving TurboC under DOS.

greetings, Florian Pflug